Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022

Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022
Click cover above to get your copy today!

Friday, September 20, 2019

#MississippiSuccess Story: Author LaDonna Marie



by Cyrus Webb

It has been a real pleasure watching how LaDonna Marie has made her mark not just in the state of Mississippi but across the country. She really gets that through the internet she has a worldwide audience, and she is always connecting with it through social media and the work she is involved in as an author and speaker.

To be able to honor her through the Mississippi Success project was a real privilege. In this interview she shares a bit of her story, what she has been able to achieve and how you can stay connected with her along the way.

LaDonna, excited to be featuring your work with Mississippi Success. What has it been like for you to reflect on your accomplishments and all you’ve been able to do? 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be share my work and books with Mississippi Success. It has truly been a dream come true to be able to make a positive impact on the individuals that I come in contact with through my writings and speak engagement. I am in Awe of the places and people that I have been able to meet.

Did you always know that the written word were going to be a way that you expressed yourself to the world? Yes, I did. Very early on, I  knew that I wanted to help others through my writings.  In the beginning, I found that as I share my work with others it helped them to heal and to be encouraged. So with each book, I set out to do the same by writing with the readers in mind.

You have amassed an amazing following both online and offline. How has social media helped you in getting the word out about your work?
Social Media has helped me to introduce to be  different audiences of people who I wouldn’t normally meet.  I love it because it, connects those who are looking for books that I write and other products I have.  I have found that as I share on social media, my audience will come to meet me if I am in a location near them. It is always awesome to talk with fans and book lovers from around the world.  Also it has connected me to networking and vendors opportunities.

You have written for children as well as adults. What has that been like to have two different audiences you’ve been able to reach? 
I feel that as a writer, I have experiences and stories to share with both.  I love to write for the children and teens who are starting out and may need a positive push in the right direction. Also for the adults, they may needed encouragement and restoration for the journey.

Faith is definitely a big part of what you do. How has your faith helped keep you encouraged as you have gone through your writing and publishing career? 
It has help me to stay true to reason I started at the age of 14. I always aspire to make a difference in the life of another person. Most of the people I come in contact with need encouragement  to know that they can make it, when they feel discouraged. As, a writer to sets out to motivate them to move into action, to discover their champion inside of them.

My favorite book of yours has to be Until Tomorrow Comes. I know you have heard that from others, took. What has it been like for you to see your own growth through your writing?
Thank you so much, it has been amazing to be able to write all the books. When I first started publishing in 2007, I only had one book in mind. It has been an amazing journey having 9 books of my own, and 11 books I’ve co-authored. I am very glad that  with every person that reads the books they are able to take away healing, empowerment, spiritual growth and so much more. I am astonished that with every new book the readers are able to connect with the reason I wrote the book. 

Your children’s book that Conversations is highlighting for young readers is LARRY THE ALLIGATOR MAKE FRIENDS. What inspired it and what’s been the response?
What inspired  was my youngest son,  I watched how he approached friendship at the age of 4. I saw some of the feelings and emotions he had to deal with, I wanted to be able to give children a language for what to do when they are making friends, and to give them scenarios that will help them to deal with what they experience.

What’s next for you, LaDonna? What goal have you set next for yourself?
I wanted to move to stage plays and possibly a movie for one of my books. I feel that I want to get the message out in the books around the word in different outlets.

Mississippi Success is excited to honor your work this year. What would you like to say to other Mississippians about the importance of going after their goals and dreams?
I would say that you have to believe in yourself first and know that you were born with a purpose. That as you began to follow and work on your dreams, you can impact the world, in the way you were meant to. Take time to develop and birth your gift, because the world is waiting for the treasure inside of you.

Thanks again for your time. How can our readers stay connected with you and support your work? Thank you so much. They can stay connected with me at www.ladonnamarie.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment