Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022

Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022
Click cover above to get your copy today!

Saturday, December 3, 2022

MS SUCCESS STORY: Tamoria (Dena) Harvey-Brown, owner of Hair 2000


Name: Tamoria (Dena) Harvey-Brown

Profession/ Title/ Name of Business: Hair 2000

Hometown City/ State: Brandon, MS

When did you know that you wanted to be an entrepreneur? Early in life, i knew what i was interested in & eventually grew to love it! 

Who have been some of your role models in business? My role models were strictly family. Watching my great-grandmother & my mother do hair all my life pretty much locked it in for me. 

Going out on your own is not easy. What helped you to take the first step? Again, family support was a huge factor. Seeing it done & realizing I could accomplish the same. 

How important was learning or honing your craft to your success? Very important! Also having patience and giving myself time. I am learning still to this day. Being in business is itself a learning process. The hair industry is constantly evolving, so I’m here for it all! 

Fear stops so many from going for their goals and dreams. What helped you to overcome the fear? Prayer!! Fear paralyzed me for a long time. Prayer and patience got me through. 

What advice would you give to others who look at you and want to follow your path? 

Know your worth, perfect your craft & let nothing stop you. It’s yours if you want it...whatever that might be. Go get it! 

What are you looking forward to in 2023, either personally or professionally? 

I’m. 2023 I’m looking forward to networking more. The pandemic pretty much put a halt to gathering and socializing. I’m ready to talk business! 

How can our audience stay connected with you? 

They can find me on social media and email me at hair2000Dena@yahoo.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment