Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022

Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022
Click cover above to get your copy today!

Saturday, December 3, 2022

MS SUCCESS STORY: Deborah L. Hunter, MS Success Honoree

by Cyrus Webb

Do you believe that faith can move mountains? Deborah L. Hunter sure does!

A chef, author, artist, inspirational speaker and businesswoman, she has been able to showcase her God-given talents in the kitchen, on television, radio, in books and online. 

A proud Mississippian, Deborah was born and raised in Jackson, MS. '

When I asked her when did she realize she wanted to be an entrepreneur, she told me this: "The reality is we are all born entrepreneurs. This journey called life is about the business of living." 

Deborah realized this about herself early on. "My journey into entrepreneurship is truly interesting," she told me. "As a little girl growing up I always dreamed of being a movie star, performing incredible roles on the big screen as the leading lady. I was obsessed with all things glamorous."

"I was mesmerized watching beautiful, powerful women like Lena Horne, Diahann Carroll and Pam Greer perform. That obsession hasn't led me to Hollywood yet, but it did lead me to more than 30 years in the beauty industry where I got my first real taste of entrepreneurship as a salon owner. I not only had an opportunity to learn. I was also able to put what I was learning to work and perform the basics skills of business."

With the accomplishments she has had, Deborah says there is one thing that definitely stands out. "The most rewarding opportunity I have had in business is to impact the lives of many people in a very personal way. That is what I believe is at the heart of entrepreneurship."

Challenges have come, but Deborah has remained focused on the bigger picture. "Dreams brought to life require you to be willing to take on the risk of doing the work by learning and exposing yourself financially, mentally, physically and spiritually," she says. 

Examples of what was possible have come in many forms. "One of my biggest role models has been the iconic Barbara Elaine Smith better known as B.Smith. She was a model, author, television host and businesswoman. B.Smith encompassed the word fierce. She was beautiful, elegant, well spoken and smart.

"I remember the first time seeing B.Smith on television in the 70s I thought I had died and gone to little chocolate Barbie doll heaven. My life will forever be impacted by her presence," Deborah explained.

I asked Deborah what advice would she like to pass on to others based on her life lessons and success. "Cyrus, the only advice I have for anyone is to deeply love themselves and when they think they have reached that point, dive deeply into love again.  It is the sweetest of all success and the greatest compliment to God."

With so many projects in the works, including her podcast COFFEE AND CONVERSATION that she began in 2022, Deborah says she's ready for whatever. "Life is an amazing smorgasbord with so many awesome things God has given to choose from," she says. "Whatever is coming next I know that it's going to be incredible."


Keep up with Deborah L Hunter at the following: 

www.deborahhunter.com 

Phone 769-487-6041 

On Facebook @ digital creator Deborah Hunter www.facebook.com/deborah.hunter.33


No comments:

Post a Comment