Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022

Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022
Click cover above to get your copy today!

Saturday, December 3, 2022

MS Success Story: Maximus Wright, Visionary/MS Success Honoree

 

Name: Maximus Wright

Profession/ Title/ Name of Business: Filmmaker/Executive Director of Jxn Film Festival

Hometown City/ State: Yazoo City/ MS

When did you know that you wanted to be an entrepreneur? 

I knew as a kid when I sold candy in Jr High School.

Who have been some of your role models in business? 

Emmitt Louie, my manager at Fred's Dollar store, one of my first jobs. He told me I need to know one important principle of business: “If you take care of the customer, the customer will take care of you.”

Going out on your own is not easy. What helped you to take the first step? 

My step father got sick and died in a 5-month period of time. His decline and eventual death was the most peaceful thing I had ever witnessed in my life. He was almost happy. It confused me until I realized his peace came from living a life in which he had no regret. I knew if I didn’t take the leap I would not only regret it but could potentially suffer a slow decline with plenty of time to consider it.

How important was learning or honing your craft to your success?
Besides have grit, it may be the second most important thing.

Fear stops so many from going for their goals and dreams. What helped you to overcome the fear? 

Imagining a life without accomplishing those dreams.

What advice would you give to others who look at you and want to follow your path?
Trust your instincts and never compare you path to anyone else. You are unique and so is your path.

What are you looking forward to in 2023 and beyond, either personally or professionally?
We are launching a campaign to create 100 filmmakers in the next 7 years and launch our own television network.

How can our audience stay connected with you?
Maximus Wright on all social media platforms.


No comments:

Post a Comment