Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022

Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022
Click cover above to get your copy today!

Saturday, December 3, 2022

MS Success Story: Michael Norris aka Mr. Fluid


Name:
Michael Norris , aka Mr. Fluid

Profession/ Title/ Name of Business: 

Emcee, Producer, Owner of Root Principles, LLC

Hometown City/ State: 

Braxton, MS

When did you know that you wanted to be an entrepreneur?

It started with deciding, or realizing, that I was an artist. Whether artist meant playing guitar, writing songs or poetry. It didn't matter. I knew this was who I was and why I was different. The idea that I could make money from it would come much later. 

Who have been some of your role models in business?

Someone I look to, not necessarily as a role model, but for his consistency, professionalism, and reach within the state is Stephen Brown, aka 5th Child. He's an amazing talent and does more than his share in the community. 

Going out on your own is not easy. What helped you to take the first step?

Early on it was about joining, or creating, a group. Many failed attempts, for better or worse, inevitably led to my becoming a solo artist. Much of it had do with creative control and my natural sense of urgency when it comes to art and music. I always feel like I have to go out there and make it happen. Opportunities come to those who do the work. 

How important was learning or honing your craft to your success?

It is at the center. To be an Emcee and Songwriter, it is all about the craft. I want my music to outlive me, be loved and respected by people across genre as I respect art and music that I may not fully understand whereas I recognize the attention to detail, the beauty and humanity involved.

Fear stops so many from going for their goals and dreams. What helped you to overcome the fear?

Losing friends and family. Nothing is more frightening than that. Understanding I may not see tomorrow. Also, the acknowledgement that everyone deals with fear, it is part of being human, though we process it differently. I overcome it by not allowing it to cripple me.

 What advice would you give to others who look at you and want to follow your path?

Do what you love and find a way to do it that helps people and serves the community. Money isn't everything. Principles and determination lead to success. 

What are you looking forward to in 2023, either personally or professionally?

I'm looking at touring and releasing music at a higher level, growing my fan base, and collaborating with other like-minded artists. 

How can our audience stay connected with you? 

https://linktr.ee/mrfluid

IG: @mr_fluid

FB: Mr. Fluid

Tik Tok: @mr_fluid1


No comments:

Post a Comment