Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022

Click cover above to order Mississippi Success Magazine 2022
Click cover above to get your copy today!

Sunday, December 11, 2022

MS Success Story: Kenneth T. Leffall


Name:
 Kenneth T. Leffall

Profession/ Title/ Name of Business: Evergreen Construction and Development

Hometown City/ State: Brandon, MS

When did you know that you wanted to be an entrepreneur?
I was 19 years old when it became clear that I could own a business.

Who have been some of your role models in business?
My family and community are full of intelligent people. They all didn’t own a business, but most gave positive advice. I learned from everyone. If you were a negative type I steered clear of you, because I understood that negativity wasn’t going anywhere.

Going out on your own is not easy. What helped you to take the first step? 
First thing I knew was that I needed faith. Mom brought us up in church, so I knew faith without works was dead. My family always had my back. Before I had tools, I could borrow anything I needed from a family member. I was so blessed that my Grandma Minnie Ann McCray bought my first skill saw simply because she saw me working without one. My family believed in me. It made my confidence higher.

How important was learning or honing your craft to your success?
It was very critical. Construction is tough. It’s hard to find people that can or want to do the work.

Fear stops so many from going for their goals and dreams. What helped you to overcome the fear? 
 I understood that if I toughed it out, it would pay off in the long run. An older man told me that it would be easier for me to have my own because men like him had paved the way. He was exactly right. I had so many people I could use as an example. I took a little from everyone.

You never learn everything, but there are some basic principles you can follow that will keep you on track. Once I gained a particular knowledge, it wasn’t like work anymore. My mom described it as “you look like you’re having fun.” Even though I didn’t want her to tell people that, it was true. I started to notice the power in simply performing a task and how to use it to make life easier.

What advice would you give to others who look at you and want to follow your path?
First I would say keep God first, because without Him nothing is possible. Also remain humble, Just because you’re an entrepreneur doesn’t mean you know everything. Always be teachable and willing to teach. The road is going to be rough, but stay focused and you will see that it was worth it.

What are you looking forward to in 2023, either personally or professionally? 
Growth, unity, and prosperity. 

Stay connected with Kenneth here:
https://www.facebook.com/kenneth.leffall.9
email: Leffall32@gmail.com
fax: 769-524-4451
cell: 601-983-8842

No comments:

Post a Comment